History Maker


The car is going 100 miles an hour and my heart accelerates because I know tonight will be a night worth every fight; because tonight I will watch the giants fall
The crowds are gathering as music blasts in the background; the lights dim and the countdown begins. My heart clenches itself and I prepare myself for a weekend I will not be able to compare with any other Christian fair. 

Songs are sung, declaring the beginning of a new beginning. Words of truth are spoken into hearts broken and ashamed, morning and night. Honesty and surrender become requirements to receive his grace to conceive new life and see in his face a love that’s won the race.
Desperation and hunger lead the pack with hands held high, calling forth healing in a whirlwind of Hope:  restored in the hopeless. Chains are broken and the captured take a seat on the throne of freedom, introducing kings and queens of a broken world.
A broken world – a cold world dimmed of bright light. A world home to a generation powerful and influential, but a generation that choses to hide behind a mask of personal satisfaction and minor appreciation without the knowledge of the definition of Holy.

Separate and unique, not of this world, DIFFERENT.

What if we stood together with arms lifted high in praise and honor to the life giver? What do we so greatly fear?  One bulb of light can fill a room, so why wait? Why not, let us be bold; flip the switch to fill the rooms of the world. Cross the point of no return and say yes to the one who is calling to receive with open arms. Open the blinds and let sunshine flow in and overwhelm the world with new life.

So many times hopelessness for this world has overwhelmed my heart – but this weekend burdens of a meaningless life were stripped away; the search for hope was found in Jesus. God is there calling, waiting for us, a generation free and alive to realize our capability of proving possible the phenomenal impossible. As one voice, one song, a cry rose to the heavens responsive to the call.

Life is a gift with a time limit, like a clock. One day the clock will stop ticking in you, in me, in Canada, in the nations. I see that now. As Canada’s flag hung from the roof, pride and hope filled my mind. Longing to see the hungry satisfied, the broken healed, the restless peace-stricken. Nations standing in full surrender to the life giver in worship to be like him in knowledge that hunger he can calm and desire he can fill.


There is something in me that wants to burst. A joy – a happiness so uncontainable. Passionate fire set ablaze in my clenched heart no one put out, instead it burns ever furiously breaking down doors that stood undefeated to fall like goliath. The giants of my past are victoriously beaten, raised up to become a history maker.  My heart accelerates 100 miles an hour on the path of salvation on life giving hope, of my soul and the soul of the nations.  

Comments

Popular Posts