An Unrealistic Realistic Dream


           
            I wish I was a princess,
Swing gracefully, Soft and sweet, voice like silk
Poised, prim and proper
Pulchritudinous – prancing through a forest,
Hair loose, skirts flailing,
With a romantic tale to tell

You may believe this is unrealistic
But this is not just a wish blown into the abyss
It is the request of a dreamer; FULL
Of determination
(A dangerous combination)

I want to be a princess
But not just any princess
Like Princess Diana, reaching out to those around me
Changing hearts for the better
Humble to the core, amiable and impermeable
Undeniably dutiful to her heart, no matter the circumstance

Mulan brought honor far from royalty
Look again and now you find: there is realism
in the unrealism of this truly realistic unrealistic dream, really
When you look behind the mask given
As Belle did the beast

Cinderella didn’t lose her touch in a palace
Now I don’t live in a palace; I may never see the inside of a mansion
I may never have fanciful riches to see and touch
And though I try, I am not accomplished in royal etiquette
I am better off: free to be me – rich
Beyond what symbolizes class

Jewels and green paper, that is all very fine
Until we lose sight of what more there is to life
Life does not wait; time keeps on going
So reach out to catch the dreams hanging on the stars
No matter how unbelievable they seem to be

I don’t want to be over the top
But I want to be a princess –
As child of a king, I guess in one way
My wish was attained many years ago
He made me his, a princess
What I’ve always longed to be

Comments

Popular Posts