Leaving you



Where is the tick of the clock; was it not there yesterday?
people came and went like ghosts; was it not a dream?
No it was reality
I constantly hear the whisper – “you are leaving this place,”
But how can I leave if I just got here?
What of the friendships and the love that grew in between?
All those plans now is the time to live them out
This moment I’ve dreamt of: heading out into the world
And I feel like I’m being thrown into the wilderness.
I hear that whisper again – “your ready,” but it’s the last thing I feel
And you – I’m not ready to leave you.
Like family you have embraced me, loved me
How can this be the last moment I spend with you
I never thought this place would mean the world to me
That roots planted would hurt to rip out
I never thought I would love you the way I do
I always knew this time would come
But time has pounced on me like a cheetah
As I go I play recorded memories in my head
Smiles and laughter captured at pointless jokes
Never wishing I wasn’t here
Rays of sunshine shone welcome
I will never forget how it lit up the room in an unforgettably different way
Although I leave I leave believing your worth
Hope overwhelms me to think of the great things you will do
As this chapter closes and a fresh page is turned for you and me
Know you are loved by a king and held in his sight as precious
Unique and treasured
Thankful I remain to you for the memories you planted
The seeds that sprouted are a large part of my life
You have been a part of all that has shaped me
And to you the best I wish, to those I already miss
Dare to dream, grab hold of risk
Live to desire passion
And let yourself be guided by the hand of God
And prove the impossible, possible








Comments

Popular Posts