I'll Blow a Candle too

The sun is rising, music fades into play;
The ground receives pictures painted by the sun’s rays.
They climb up the walls to give view a call:
Colorful streamers and air filled, light balls.
And something like a flower, deliciously sweet
on the table sits, made with love that has steeped.
Today is a special day we gather to celebrate,
Thanking the lord he chose to choose
you to love us; it wasn’t just fate.
Through stormy gales you are selfless and sweet,
like heavens water treat.
Today is a special day –
Love and appreciation will surround and to the queen,
give her honor, we shall bow.
For all she does each day
another year of life, I pray
as the music plays.
Today is a special day
and I will be gone, but not too far away;
You will be in my heart, thoughts never to sway –
and before I lay me down in bed,
for dreams to carry me on wings wide spread,
a candle I’ll blow right after I’ve read,

all thoughts of you inside my head.

Comments

Popular Posts