Mine

There is not much I haven’t told you before
But I’m sure it won’t hurt to tell you again
Your love is a treasure I forever store
Far better the gold, sweeter then champagne
A warm embrace in stormy seasons
Calms the raging waves
Grey clouds part; your gentle voice as reason
Calling forth the sun’s rays
Rough and delicate hands have kept me nourished
A heart faithful and strong has let me flourish
I am but a reflection of your fruitful tree
With you I know the true meaning of free
Laugh, cry, I now have wings to fly
Into the wilderness overwhelmingly frightening
And I know I will still depend on you even then
When home seems so far away and life
A journey I can only reach you by pen
Your love will extend through all strife
Forever I shall be yours
Every embrace my loving sign
And forever beyond life’s many doors

a mother always mine

Comments

Popular Posts