Who I Love like the morning star

Monday to Friday he gets up at four thirty
I awake and hear the kitchen having a party:
The microwave sings and fridge plays the drums
while the sink water dances one called the run
the lights start a game called hide-and-go-seek
and stop when daddy goes off to work for the day

Like a grizzly bear ready for hibernation
Daddy comes home for some elevation
a cup of coffee revives him again
and justice from Judy is his candy cane

after a dip in the fresh living water
he sits down to read of the lamb that was slaughtered
this gospel of peace, youth and wisdom makes my loving dad a worshiper of the Kingdom

Now these moments are the rarest
and the moments I hold dearest
when he wraps me up in his loving embrace
I return it and then wait
for that gentle kiss that's placed on my cheek
like a bird pecking with it's beak
this strong affection we both share
shows how much we truly care
Father, daughter, this is what we are
I love him always, like the morning star

Comments

Popular Posts