True Love

Love has never been clear to me. I have always wondered, what is love...really?? I've always wondered what feelings overtake us as humans to give us that fluttery feeling inside - that feeling that strips everything away - how real all which story books have described, really is. Reading that Love is patient, kind and compassionate wasn't enough. I wanted to know and understand true love. I thought that there must be more to it then the ideal melting of heart and occasional flattering with flowers, hugs and kisses that allow the feelings to last for a moment.

And then it hit me. A moment, and therefore momentary. Chemistry. Emotion.

All of those branch off of Love, but none of them carry eternal meaning without it.

See, chemistry and emotion exist alone but remain momentary unless love has bonded them together and when love has bonded them, that bond cannot be broken by anything. Whatever comes it's way whether it be wind and rain or refreshing mists of sun rays they have eternally been brought together.

That is when I understood that love is patience, kind and compassion bonded in eternity.  It is ever growing patience, ever growing kindness and ever growing compassion. Love is something never fading, something ever living.

Comments

Popular Posts