Metaphoric Journey

summer days are calling me
Back to a world without schemes of violent memories
The wind, she blows the grass in a gentle breeze Carrying dreams into the futures unexpected beams
with melodies of joy and love underneath her wings
She whispered these to me - a flower in the meadow of tranquility - as I reached for the sun, the gem of the sky that promised me life and longevity
But slowly the wind, she grew brutal and strong
Disturbing the beauty if innocence intimate song
Autumn settled - seeped in my heart, announcing the coming of queen winters dart.
The storms of winter heated up, harshly bringing beautiful snow in the cup of distortion and targeting beauty
The cold deforming her meaning to twisted thistles in my thoughts.
I wandered through bitterness field and the valley of forgetfulness
Together they bore for me twins naming then loneliness and reflection.
Consistently looking in the mirror of rebellions younger servant I hoped to find healing, love and acceptance.
Suddenly came to my sight a rose:
Dark, wild - his petals crisped and enclosed by embers promising warmth - a shelter to everything the winter had froze.
When love and acceptance I thought I had found, his deceiving warmth burned deep in the ground.
He turned to the wilderness, his dark petals shrivelled.
Coals of lust bore no self control, bringing life full of fear- would spring never unroll?
Barren I felt, trapped in the horror of present past
Until I caught a glimpse of springs glorious cast
An escape from the deadness of winter and her horrifying prince - I took leave with my heart and didn't stop to see them wince; minced out was a journey to the land of peace
surrounded by swaying evergreens and grasses ever so bright, grasping onto those summer days that existed before I'd taken flight.
I knew what lay before me was beyond my comprehension, but above me rained the promise of true beauty's recollection and its permanently embedded satisfaction.
With this pinned to my heart I walked through the desserts of sadness, the typhoons of insecurity, the jungle of regretfulness with sun rays softly peeking through the clouds.
Beauty transformed itself from a lifeless cacoon to a radiant butterfly with wings reflecting everything I was created to be:
By the one who lived beyond the sun - the one who reached across the sea for me, giving me the sight to see that glimpse of spring.
Then i saw a rainbow sparkling in the distance singing hope and life, stripping me of the lies that winter left for existence.
I stretched wide my petals and let all summer memories engage me, become me
the all powerful remade me;
While still imperfection abided within - the scars of horrifying betrayal overwhelmed me.
But forever I'd remember to sleep on the waters of commitment and patience and so forever remain in this bed of peace, blanketed by spring an summer
Dreams of joy defeating pain
True beauty dwelling inside faith, stronger on the solid rock of life
Forever true
Forever changed.

Comments

Popular Posts