To be She

I love to read. Its not easy for me to get into it, but once I find a good book and force myself to read the first two Pages I'm captured and can't put it down. I recently read a book where various characters put their thoughts down and I thought about my diary, and all the thoughts I hide there - the thoughts only my heart has made and known. I recalled the many times I sat down, read what I had written, and thought it sounded so silly. While I sat down to read yet another book I pondered on this...I asked myself why I could write down thoughts so similar to what this female character was writing - writing them with the same passion, truth and scinserity... and why I couldn't feel their power. They sounded like fancy words I just slipped into the page as I attempted to create a fairytale. Why couldn't I be a character in a story book? Why couldn't I just sound like the truthfully faithful and honest young women in the book? They were, afterall, real thoughts that pass through the minds of young women...so why couldn't I be that? But then I stopped... Why couldn't I? What rule was there in society that said I couldn't be inspired by these God fearing women I read about? What was wrong with longing to spill the contents of your heart on a piece of paper...or even in prayer? There is nothing holding me back but my own mind playing a trick...telling me I was pretending to be something I was not, and hoping for something unrealistic in an idealistic world. And so with that I write...and no matter how silly it sounds I figure that's what makes a true women out of a girl. Someone who isn't afraid of her own thoughts and expresses them freely and respectably, while giving love and earning honor. Determination and conviction mixed with gentleness and hope. And even though fear may be present she takes the key of bravery and overcomes all that comes her way, aspiring to be all that she can be through her actions and her words.

Comments

Popular Posts