The Love He Gives

Sometimes I neglect to acknowledge God. He crosses my mind and I push him aside for later when later never comes. I wake up and feel the heaviness of laziness sink into my bones, reaching my knees at the thought of prayer. I think the same thing over and over again; "I'll worship tonight", and the desire to watch a romantic movie wraps it's arms around me and I go into them without a single struggle while my lovers arms are wide open, as he stands right in front of my eyes. I dream of love and wish that it would come to me in human for - and forget that all the love I could ever need is just a song of praise and a whispered prayer away.
All my faults never cease to overwhelm me...and I never cease to let them claim their victory - and still he watches over me, listening to my hearts desires. He has never left me for a minute, letting me reach out to him during my trials in the midst of my unfaithfulness.  He has constantly remained faithful, reminding me by the peace he gives me that he is there, he is all mighty and the only one worthy. He fulfills my deepest desires and truest longings, even when I have failed to love him. He has shown me grace and justice. He has claimed me and I am his always. He has fought for me and won me. He has picked me up when I was beaten and nursed me back to health. He has carried me through valleys of joy, given me the kiss of eternal life. What better love story could I ask for? How much more love could I ever want? He knows my thoughts before I have even considered thinking them. He holds my heart in the palm of his hand, with the key in his other.  I know he is the stars when they shine, the waters when they rumble and glitter - the trees when they dance and the birds when they sing. They are there to remind me he is there, to give me hope and joy, in the knowledge that he is always watching over me and promising that no harm shall come to me. He is my prince charming... he is my king and I am forever his. Really...this is the romance above all romance.

Comments

Popular Posts