Poland week 2

"I find it amazing that even though I am afraid, - even though I couldn't and can't see the impact we are having, God is doing something through us, and it is so beautiful. We are being salt as we work in the light. "

Poland Entry, Day 10


Poland, Week 2

Week 2 was the beginning of street evangelism which sparked a thought, and in turn sparked opportunity in our tiny beloved Pultusk. Our first Sunday morning service at the only Pentecostal church in Pultusk (held in a school), Pastor Piotr suggested we all meet at the fountain in the town square and press into the Holy Spirit with singing. So we gathered that sunny Sunday afternoon, and the following cold Monday, which happened to be the day the Mayor of Pultusk drove by on his way home from the city hall and noticed a group of people with joyful smiles.
 

The following day we had the honor of sitting with the Mayor and his assistant and were able to hear his thoughts on improving the city, and his heart for the people. He mentioned the difference we made in the town. He had heard of this group of Canadians that were visiting, and doing work throughout the town. 

That reminds me, we also had an amazing time helping renovate the castle that stands at the end of the town square: a castle that was built for the Pope. Our group was split up, two days in a row and we gardened and painted fences. 



The entire time I was doing this, I spent much of the time asking myself: how is this helping? how are we making a difference; how are we showing Christ? These questions were constantly ringing in my head. I desperately wanted to make a difference and I wanted to know that I was. I did not want to just be told to do something and do it without knowing what impact that was having on the people I came into contact with. 

and so as I worked I thought on the question, and I came up with short answers: this is helping the people who work here, we were showing Christ in the way we treat one another and willingly help which was something for the Manager of the Castle to see. He is a man who held strongly to his beliefs and the Protestant branch was not held in his good perspective. This was an opportunity for Christ to work through us, that he might see something different and that his heart would soften. 

The one thought that kept me going was remembering the doors that were being opened for Piotr and his church: this was a way in. We were going to leave, but Pastor Piotr was staying. People were going to see him and remember us, and everything that we did and because of that, they will remember Christ for he was the one who worked in us even as we pulled weeds from the garden. 

This week was one of the most rewarding. I was encouraged by what the Mayor said he saw in us, and the change in attitude we saw from the Castle Manager. What are the chances of such opportunities: for people in such high standing to see this and to know that we are different and not just because of anything we have done but because of Christ who lives within us. We have a joy and love for ourselves, for our God, and for one another that is different and draws a spirit near, because the Holy Spirit is alive and working. 

If this is what the Holy Spirit was working in only two weeks of being in Pultusk, how much more will he do with those who are following his will and praying there for a lifetime? Believe great things for Poland, and for this world. 

***

I would love it, and I'm sure the people of Poland would too, if you could continue to keep them in your prayers! Being on the front lines is not easy. Continue to pray for courage, strength, and the Holy Spirit stirring up a heart of revival within, drawing near those who do not know Christ. Pray for perseverance for the pastors, and willingness with an attitude of persistence in the Holy Spirit for the church. 

Much love to you all!

Comments

Popular Posts