Gratitude

"Like a newborn baby don't be afraid to crawl - but remember when we walk sometimes we fall."

I sit here and all that is flowing through my heart is gratitude as I think of the battle I've been walking through this summer. The past was haunting, my insecurities gaining on me and my faith...failing. I was feeling myself sinking deeper and deeper: I could feel myself gasping for air.

I cannot describe the way I was saved in any other way then I stopped and looked up to Jesus. I finally woke up and felt my heart's longing for more time with my brother, my friend and father.

Over the last week I have watched as God has taken my heart and made it humble. I am watching him restore my heart, my relationship with my family, and my faith. It is so impossible to grow without prayer. In moments when you feel like you are drowning, that seems so difficult to come to terms with and even seem like it's not working: but if you - like Peter - take your eyes off the overwhelming waves and simply put them ONLY on Jesus, what a difference that will make!

Sometimes in our walk with God we will fall. Those words rang so loud in my head as I reflected on what he has done and what he has been doing and what he is starting to do. We have to make a choice: just like we had to choose Jesus, we have to choose to trust him and then choose to get back up when we fall. He is there walking with us and waiting for us, helping us, but if we just stand there and do nothing, he cannot do much.

I have chosen to get up and walk forward. I am human, and I make mistakes, but the Lord see's my heart and the desire I have to live for him in righteousness and purity...I just need to give him full devotion. I am grateful that in this season of doubt, this season when I felt hopeless and like a failure my God remained faithful and he stayed with me. He never left. He kept calling at me, tugging at my heart calling me back to him.

I am rejoicing and giving thanks to this God who loves his children and calls them his, making them holy. I know that I am standing on the rock. I have chosen him. I have chosen this life. I have chosen to believe and have faith and because of this I am saved. And I look forward to the day I see him face to face. He's coming to take us home soon, and that trumpet is going to be the most beautiful sound my ears have and ever will hear. I am so grateful that that is my hope. That that is what I get to look forward to...on top of the many blessings to come.

Thank you Lord, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts