A New Year

     My eyes have seen many things this year, and my heart has felt more then I expected it to. I have had countless adventures with people who I love and hold dear. I have been hurt and walked through deserts that have left me broken and feeling worthless. Fields of doubt have often swarmed the waters of my heart as smiles and laughter have worked to smooth the storms over.
     Nothing has brought a peace to the storms the way that God has though. My friends and family have surrounded me with as much love as they can, but even like that it has been easy to feel hurt and lonley. It is only in times alone with my friend and father that I have found everything that I have needed to make it through this year of life.

     In this season of celebration as I am aware of the all too sudden coming of another year, I sit and try to reflect on all the good things that have occurred and what has resulted because of those things. It is too easy to look upon the bad things and be overcome by the things we didn't accomplish; from the diets we were so committed to this time the year before to the daily devotions we thought we could finally do, to the person we expected to be.
     But I want to take a moment and have you look back on the year and see everything you did do. Look at everything that came to be and was accomplished, and better yet the hand that God had in it all. I am writing confident that even though I am living in a season of life that I find difficult to understand God has a hand in it. I can see the hand he had in each relationship - each circumstance. This gives me an excitement for the year to come and a great hope.

     We can choose to look ahead at this year in fear of what unknown lies ahead. We have that choice. We also have the choice to look not at the crashing waves around us but at the beautiful face of Jesus. This year is hope filled because of the savior who has won us over.

     As Christmas passed by many people lingered on the story of his birth, but the only thing I could continue thinking of was his death and resurrection. That filled my night with joy and hope because I was reminded of how loved and treasured I am. This new years eve I think of the same thing, and am full of hope and joy for this year. God always carries us through the difficulties and the successful moments. We need not worry of tomorrow because God knows it all. He just asks that we continue to live for him, and love him.

     As you think upon the new year resolutions you are stirring up in your mind leave a little bit of room for imperfection. We are not perfect and never will be on this earth. Simply allow your heart to continuously be purified toward a holy and righteous state serving a God who is coming soon, and will - in heavenly glory - make you perfect. Oh what great hope.

Blessings friends as 2017 ends, and 2018 begins!


Comments

Popular Posts