Exposed

Imperfection reigns in our mortal being. Each day I find myself so broken. Just when I think I am mending I shatter on the inside and break. I know I am not the only one. I know that I live in a world of imperfect people who, like me, try to cover up their blemishes with the colorful makeup pallets of business and riches. If we drink the perfectly made non-fat vanilla chai tea-latte with a sprinkle of cinnamon and walk out with the biggest smile we can muster to cover up our sad eyes that tell the story of our sinful habits as the result of our brokenness then no one will ever know of our imperfection.


How we become so ashamed of our brokenness and try so very hard to hide it away from everyone around us. Let them not see our flawed skin and may they never know that though I claim to be a child of God I lay in my bed and think of how unworthy I am. Somehow I convince myself that I will never be good enough and that everything I do will fail. Doomed I am to forever be hell bound for the uncertainty that overwhelms my soul with each morning that claims itself new and perfect. Each morning that I awake from living in the night of sin.

So ashamed despite the work put into covering our imperfection. The identity crisis. The loneliness. The dark secrets - when it is all seen.
We fool ourselves into thinking no one sees. However the clouds limit our vision to a God who sees all. He walks behind us on the narrow sidewalk that we often stray from picking up the glass that lies shattered on the pavement.

Romans 3:23 
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

To be exposed is truly our worst nightmare. But to be exposed is the only remedy. For in revealed truth comes healing and rebuilding. 

Just as she who was exposed for her prostituted heart our unfaithful hearts are exposed to experience the very same grace that is staring us in the face. 
He knew her who locked the secret of her many husbands but did not condemn her - just as He knows every secret we dare not speak even to our thoughts.

Isaiah 66:7-13 

"Before she goes into labor she gives birth; 
before the pain comes upon her, she delivers a son.
Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things?
Can a country be born in a day or a nation brought forth in a moment?
Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children.
Do I bring to the moment of birth and not give delivery?" says the Lord.
"Do I close up the womb when I bring to delivery?" say your God.


He called each broken one to a higher standard. Who ever heard of a successful doctor that failed all his tests and studies? We fail so often and still

He calls us to a higher place, promising to raise us up from our broken homes. We are His people. His church. Our hearts are His home. We are the temple He chooses in which to abide. 

"Love is on the way and it wont pass you by. You just gotta reach out your hand and lift up your head." 
- Audrey Assad, Breaking you

Broken we may be, but restored we become when we give Him the open door to our imperfection. Redeemed replaces our broken and imperfect name when we choose to reach out to love. Rebuilt like the temple King Josiah acknowledged (2 Kings 22).
Brokenness is rebuilt and imperfection made perfect; unworthy called worthy.
To glorify the King of Kings. 

Comments

Popular Posts