Somewhere


Darkness surrounded her. Insecurity ate at her flesh. Slowly dying. She withered as she longed for the sun to feed her drink. If only the clouds would part. She knew the sun was there but the grey black clouded her view.

The valley did not seem to end. Giant rolls of liquid streamed down her canvas of loneliness and heartache. Beyond the mountain ahead she knew lay beds of wild flowers. Flowers she longed to see but longed to experience.

Oceans surrounded this Island of insecurity. Each step seemed to push the destination farther. She could hear the waves getting closer to her. Oh her fear of drowning. Each night the darkness carried her heart away into the waters of her mind to tell her how she would die, should she never attain the flower fields and life giving sun.

Oh but she recalled the days when it was so simple. She longed once again to live in those fields behind her. How did she get here? How did she become so lost?

Run. Run. Run. The clouds said run. The darkness crept behind her. run. Waves crashed. die. 

They echoed. die. die. die. 

But somewhere said hold on. 

oh somewhere, where are you? Tell me where to go. Come find me. 

Somewhere whispered hold on. Remember yesterday. I'm here. 

hold on. hold on. hold on. 

She ran. Weak and tired but oh how she ran.

suddenly her feet could not feel the ground beneath her. She was no longer running.

Somewhere?

Somewhere found her. Somehow. Somewhere was carrying her. Somewhere was here. Here all along.

Suddenly she was on the mountain. Suddenly the sun was shining.

And she could finally see what was no longer beyond. No it was before. 

The ground was covered in colourful robes unlike she had ever seen. The brilliance of each overwhelmed her.

Once again her canvas drenched, but what liquids of joy and great gratitude that flooded her.

A song flooded out of her heart. A song that somewhere had given her. Telling her He was no longer Somewhere.

Somewhere is Here with me. Forever. And I love being Here. 



________________________________________

In the fatigue of my evening I sat down to write a little snippet of what my heart has looked like in the past year. If you have read some of my previous entries you will know a little bit about what my heart grappled with. 

But in the last month I have realized that the sun was always shining on the other side, granting me hope. I could not see the field of beautiful promises but I knew it was there. In this month I have received only a small portion of this beautiful field I get to wander in for the rest of my life. 

The Father has been so good to me, and never have I felt so much joy and freedom. These colourful robes are found in the smiles that I have the honour of seeing each day. They settle in the times someone shares their heart with me. They are found in the people I love and am learning to love. Found in learning how to trust my King through the highs and lows of my life. For no matter what the skies read or what the mountains say my somewhere is always there right beside me. Here with me. 





Comments

Popular Posts