Be It Unto Me



Who am I that I should not humble myself at the memory of our Saviour, and all those who bowed to His will? Bowed to the will of God in complete trust - though suffering endure? 

Mary wept at the body of her son - a son she bore, watched grow and supported throughout His ministry. Oh so true, how she must have ached and suffered at the view of her beloved son dying on a cross, bloody, bruised for the transgressions of the world. Truer still how she must have humbly cried out to the Lord despite the pain, “may it be unto me as you will, Oh God.” 


Thousands of years later I sit here, reflecting on how so very often, out of my own selfish ambition, I attempt to take control of my life in order that I may achieve the will of my heart. How difficult it has been over the years to surrender to the will of God for my life and trust Him completely, believing that He works out good for those who honour Him.

Who are we that we should not strive for a posture of humility such as Mary to say “Lord, be it unto me as you will”? What are we willing to give up, and what are we holding onto that we should not submit to our God, who sent His beloved Son to shed His blood willingly for us, for you and for me?

My heart is growing sick of playing church. Professing to be a christian that is not willing to stand up for righteousness, and to live consecrated to Him. I am committing to stand up for what is right and true, no matter how unpopular. I reflect on the example of my Saviour, and those to whom He trusted the mission of the gospel. I realize that consecrating themselves, in love with Him, they gave up everything just as willingly.

Lord grant us the courage to stand in the fire as our world blazes lies that threaten to choke the one and only TRUTH that lovingly has given us hope in glory. Give us the grace to humble ourselves before you and whether in life or death, continue to cry - "be it unto me as you will". Praise be to our Lord Jesus Christ, King of all, the one and only way to heaven. 

Comments

Popular Posts